Maine Mental Health Counselors Association
MEMHCA is the professional organization in the state of Maine for Mental Health Counselors, licensed in Maine as LCPCs. We represent and support Mental Health Counselors who work in private practice, public and private agencies, hospitals, schools, universities, and businesses.
The mission of MEMHCA is to:
- Promote the professionalism of Mental Health Counselors through the application of the professional standards of practice of the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
- Provide ongoing professional development, training, and educational activities for Mental Health Counselors.
- Serve as a resource for ideas and information relevant to Mental Health Counselors.
- Educate the public regarding mental health issues, and the role Mental Health Counselors play in addressing these issues.
- Promote academic and professional standards for clinical licensure in the State of Maine.
- Consult and coordinate with other related professionals in order to better serve the needs of our clients, our communities, and the State of Maine.
MEMHCA is the Maine chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
For the most recent legistlative advocacy information, see our blog, memhca.net